Royale Hayat Hospital hosted a conference on Patient Experience with Eight CME/CEPD points as part of their endeavor to provide ‘Care Beyond Boundaries’.
‘Patient Experience - Care Beyond Boundaries’ is one of the first event of its kind in Kuwait. This event helped to disseminate the recent trends and exchange information by experts on the importance of Patient Experience. The event was attended by more than 100 delegates representing healthcare service providers and leaders from private and ministry hospitals including patients. The organizers had to close the Registration one week prior to the conference due to overwhelming response.
Highlight of this Conference was that one of the patients narrated her own experience in healthcare domain. The speakers emphasized the relevance of engaging patients in care delivery especially in this rapidly changing situation and highlighted the importance of employing new tools and techniques to measure patient experience. The science and technology is moving faster than ever before. The tools that we used in improving healthcare delivery is evolving rapidly. The expectations of the patients is also on the rise. This Conference provided an excellent opportunity to share future strategies in addressing this relevant issue that improves the outcome of care delivery.
The event presentations covered latest developments in Patient Experience the advantages of engaging patients and their families. Dr. Abubakr Elmardi Chief Strategy Officer and Head of Obstetrics & Gynecology Royale Hayat Hospital chaired the Conference and various International Speakers contributed for the success of this Conference, namely:
- Dr. Nashat Nafouri, Chair and Executive Officer, Healthcare Interest Group and Member of Saudi Quality Council Board
- Dr. Ashraf AlSahafi, Deputy Executive Director, Clinical Service, Consultant Pediatric Hepatologist, King Abdulaziz Medical City, Jeddah - Saudi Arabia
- Mr. Samer T. AbuGhazaleh, Chief Experience Officer, Chairman Healthcare Council, Jeddah, KSA
- Ms. Jehan Al Fannah, Manager Health Services Evaluation Unit, Department of Quality and Patient Safety, Royal Hospital, Muscat Oman
- Ms. Sara Al Rumikhani, Director Patient Experience and Patient Experience Advocate, KSA
In addition to the above International Speakers representing Royale Hayat Hospital, Kuwait,
Mr. Dennis Joseph, Quality Director and Ms. Vanitha Rajakumar, Chief Nursing Officer also presented papers during this Conference.
One of the outcome of this conference was to strengthen collaboration amongst various hospitals and healthcare professionals in Kuwait. There were many stimulating ideas that emerged in this conference who expressed interest in patient engagement and collaboration amongst healthcare professionals.