Home Health Physiotherapist
Home-based physiotherapy services provide assessment and treatments to patients in their homes and communities for many conditions, including, neurological conditions, musculoskeletal, pediatrics, cardio-pulmonary, special needs and recovery from post orthopedics surgeries. It improves overall physical well-being, enhances social functioning, ensures routine monitoring of isolated patients, and reduces the rate of re-hospitalization and future health care service utilization. He/She should be able to assess, plan and apply the plan of the physical treatment program and follow the precautions prescribed by the Physician for each individual patient according to the principles and rules of practice. The goal of home-based physiotherapy is to increase independence, teach self-management and promote health. Home-based physiotherapy enables patients to live in the community longer and more safely to ensure patient satisfaction. Regular visits from health care professionals, consistent monitoring and follow-up ensures continuity of care in the community. Works as part of a team of health care professionals in a supportive, safe and caring work environment.
• Bachelor/master’s degree in physical therapy.
• License to practice physiotherapy in Kuwait.
• Able to communicate both written and oral English
• Arabic language skills desired but not required.
• Minimum 3 years’ experience post certification as a physiotherapist; preferably home care
• Middle East health care experience an asset.
• Technical Skills: Proficiency in handling orthotic, therapeutic, assistive or adaptive equipment and techniques.
• Knowledge of quality control methods and statistics.
• Ability and judgment of the complexity of the patient’s condition and degree of risk associated with the treatment.
• Ability to understand the right indications, precautions and contraindications for any of the treatments moralities.